Its Careers Week Monday 13th- Friday May 17th 2019
Be on the look out for the many careers related activities the College is providing so students can participate and celebrate "National Careers Week" this week.
The programme below shows the line-up of guest speakers who are booked in to present in the lecture theatre during lunch time :
- Monday 13th May- Guest speaker from Flinders University 1.05-1.45pm – venue lecture theatre
- Tuesday 14th May -Guest speaker from Adelaide University 1.05-1.45pm – venue lecture theatre . The session for the International students is located upstairs in the LC5 classroom.
- Wednesday 15th May -Guest speaker from University of SA 1.05-1.45pm – venue lecture theatre
- Thursday 16th May- Anna Solding – Writer and publisher and founder of the Midnight Sun Publishing Company. Come and listen to Anna talk about her career journey as a writer and publisher and to understand how she started up her own publishing company. So if you are interested in writing, publishing, the creative arts or starting your own business, come and listen to Anna share her story.
- Friday 17th May- Two Military staff from the Australian Defence Force will speak 1.05-1.45pm – venue lecture theatre
- In addition, there will be daily activities to do in tutir Group that aims to promote the value and concept of careers to our students along with providing some insight into the changing nature of work in the future.
- NOTE: “By 2020, Millennials will comprise half of the global workforce. We live in a more globalised world than ever before. The world of work is changing, and we need the skills to adapt with it.”
- Reminder about the Careers Expo here at the College on Monday June 24th in Term 2 2019. So, if there are any enthusiastic parents out there in the community who would love to be one of our guest speakers, and who have a career in an industry that sounds exciting and interesting, please contact me on my details below to see if we can schedule you in.
- Also, for those senior students who are still unsure about what their future career goal might be (particularly if they are in Year 12 this year), please encourage your son or daughter to make a time with me sooner than later. During our discussion, all students receive assistance from me to formulate their own, unique career transition plan and parents are also welcome to come and join us in this meeting.
Please contact me via email on email@example.com or call on 8381 0475 to arrange a booking.
Looking forward to meeting you all throughout the year.
"There are no limits to what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your own thinking!" Brian Tracey